2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, June 24, 2013

Digi Darla #68 At the Beach

Good morning friends.  It's Monday and that means another challenge at Digi Darla's.  This week our theme is At the Beach.  I chose "Virginia Lighthouse" as my focal image for this card.

I used Spectrum Noir pens and chalk to color in the image after printing it off on Neenah card stock.  I matted both the focal image and the sentiment (Dee's Bugaboo Boutique) onto Black Recollections card stock.  All the corners have been rounded.  I used another ancient paper from DCWV as the background. The strip across the bottom is actual sandpaper.  I learned the hard way not to cut sandpaper with your paper trimmer...:(  I had to immediately replace the blade.  I added three punched squares to the right hand side for a pop of color.  The card base is 6" square and is Tan by Colorbok.

I hope that you will give Digi Darla's challenge a try this week.  Thanks for stopping in and God bless.

3 comments:

  1. You done such a good job with this lighthouse. I dream about to spend some time at lighthouse at a beautiful cost line somewhere away from the hectic life....

    Hope you have a great week!
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, love your coloring and the background of the digi is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Em, love the image you have used which has been beautifully coloured
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.